Xtra Mail Settings | Xtra IMAP and SMTP Settings: Xtra Limited which is now branded as part of Spark New Zealand is New Zealand ‘s largest Internet service provider (ISP). Xtra was established in 1996 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Spark New Zealand (formerly Telecom New Zealand). Xtra has provided dial-up Internet access throughout New Zealand since its inception. In 1999 it created New Zealand’s first ADSL service. Xtra company has it’s a major stake in Telecommunications.
It has its corporate Headquarters in Level 8 North Tower Telecom House 68 – 86 Jervois Quay Wellington. The Key people in this firm includes Craig Mulholland, Director Roderick Snodgrass, Director Products Internet service provider and you can access more about Xtra here www.spark.co.nz. The name Xtra was also used with the separate entity Yahoo! Xtra, a joint venture web portal between Telecom (49% stake) and Yahoo!7 (51% stake).
The venture was formed replacing the XtraMSN web portal and included additional features for Xtra broadband customers, it Later dropped the Xtra brand name from products and services, using Telecom instead (Xtra broadband became Telecom broadband for example). Xtra mail is the mailing feature of the Spark account.
Spark website helps people to share cool stuff and to unleash the potential of all New Zealand people. Spark delivers the digital services that the customers want i.e. mobility, data, music, online TV, cloud services, etc. Xtra mail setting i.e. IMAP and SMTP. This two mail type is similar to outlook mail setting. Just we have to change our domain for the Xtra mail setting.
Read Also: Zoomtown Email Login
Read Also: How To Download Hindi Movie On Hostar
Related Article: How To Check Walmart Gift Card Balance Online
Related Article: Red Robin Royalty Login
Related Article: Securitas epay login epayroll
Read Also: Evolve Elsevier Online Login
Related Article: AOL Mail Sign Up
Xtra IMAP Settings
Imap stands for Internet Message Access Protocol which is used to email clients to retrieve email messages from the mail server over the standard TCP/IP protocol. It is a standard Internet Protocol. Imap was designed with the aim of the management of an email box by multiple email clients. For retrieving email, a user must do IMAP settings in outlook. Imap setting helps to connect all sources with the respective server. Imap support huge mailbox and multiple accounts with the synchronization algorithm.
Xtra SMTP settings
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which mainly communicates between mail servers over TCP port. SMTP is an internet standard protocol for electronic mail transmission. SMTP is normally used to send the mail message and POP/IMAP is used to retrieve the mail message. SMTP mainly helps in mail transmission over the protocol. Now let’s discuss the SMTP setting for Gmail. Below fig is some example of SMTP email mail transmission with function.
Xtra Mail Settings
1. Select the IMAP account
2. confirm that you select for the IMAP account
3. Set incoming mail server (IMAP) to imap.xtra.co.nz
4. Set outgoing mail server (SMTP) to send.xtra.co.nz
5. Set username field has email address email@example.com
6. Set the password with the correct order
7. Always check to remember the password
8. After click on more setting on the right tab
9. click on the outgoing server tab
10. Then tick my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
11. Select the same setting as my incoming mail server
12. Now click on the Advanced tab
13. Set incoming mail server (IMAP) port to 993 or 995
14. Then tick this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
15. Set outgoing mail server (SMTP) port to 465
16. Then tick use the following type of encrypted connection (SSL)
17. Make sure you tick leave a copy of a message on the server
18. Click on the “OK” button
19. Then click on the “Next” button.
20. After that outlook will check your account setting
21. After it says correct, close the box
22. Lastly, click on the “Finish” button.